Friday 27 January 2017

Grass growing season

Regular Summer rains ensure that the grass just keeps growing.

Whilst Rog is recuperating, I have taken over the responsibilities of keeping the grass under control.  This has meant learning some new skills.

First up, mastering the ride-on lawn mower, which is a small tractor in its own right. I can now re-fuel the Lawn Boss by myself, attach the trailer and perform a tricky reverse park into the shed. 
Next, I took up the line trimmer, learning how best to tackle the edges and bush that can not be reached with the mower.  

This weekend I clocked up some hours on the mower.  Starting with the grass verge, inside the front fence and then around the shed and garden. 

Until the winter dry season, I feel this will be an ongoing weekly task.  Nevertheless, it is a satisfying when the end result looks good.

Jen and Rog

Email: honeydaleqld@gmail.com





Photos by Roger and Jennifer Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment